Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Two face SOB
Thread: Two face SOB
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugo Ferst View Post
This will probably be one of the most unpopular quotes in this sites history.

I still have a small soft spot for VC, he brought alot of excitement and basically put the Raptors on the map in a huge way yet to be duplicated. He is what he is at the end of the day and i can respect him, he was never rude to fans here in words, he just isnt made to be a highly competitive pro athlete, but he was given the wrong body of a potential basketball great.

GL to you Vince.
I can agree with this as an assessment of his basketball career. But what will always haunt him, will be the way he left this city. Saying things like: "Dunking is overrated" really says a big fuck you to his fan base who for large part argued he was the best dunker of all time (and this was mostly Toronto fans who argued this on his behalf). Plus, by him half assing it out there on more than one occassion is really telling the team and fans off because really his focus shifted to himself.

VC deserves credit for what he did and if we could ignore (2003 was it? ...can't remember) then I'd say we should honour him. But the way he went out, I just can't forgive him unless he manned up.
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote