Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - O'Neal Didn't Realize How Quick Bargnani Is
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default O'Neal Didn't Realize How Quick Bargnani Is

Jermaine talking with USA Today about his offseason training so far in Vegas. Talks about the level of competition in Vegas right now is the best available this side of Beijing. Also throws some compliments Andrea's way.

I hope Bargnani's listening and paying attention to Jermaine, so that he actually learns something this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Today
O'Neal who said his "soul was dying a little bit in Indiana" has benefited by playing with some Raptors in Vegas, such as Anthony Parker and Andrea Bargnani, and developing team chemistry.

"We played on the same team and then played against each other," O'Neal said of the 7-foot Bargnani. "It gave me a great feel about what he can do and his skill level. I didn't realize how quick he was."

The level of competition, which O'Neal says is "by far" the best this side of Beijing, can't be duplicated in a team's practice facility. And although the games won't show up in the next day's standings, don't tell the players they don't count.

"There's a lot of talking and it's competitive," O'Neal says. "If you lose, you're off the court."
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote