Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - J-Rich: Turk is like a "free bird right now"
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Claudius
contemplating

The Killing Joke

Representing:
Send a message via MSN to Claudius
Magic J-Rich: Turk is like a "free bird right now"

Quotes from SVG and others:

Quote:
"He's played well," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said after Monday's game. "I think that the one thing is he's playing much lighter than he was when he was here the last time. . . . He looks quicker to me, even as he's gotten older. It looks like he's got his quickness back. He's down over 10 pounds from where he was before, and I think that's really helped him."
Quote:
"He's like a free bird right now," Magic swingman Jason Richardson said after Tuesday's game. "It's a system he's familiar with, and the ball is in his hands, and he's playing like the old Hedo people know he's capable of being."
Quote:
"He doesn't expect for me to have 30 points per game or 20 or 25 points per game, but . . . when he makes the call, he expects for me to make the right decision. . . . He really helped me to become one of the really good players in this league, and I owe him a lot."

Turkoglu insists he has no hard feelings about the Magic letting him sign with Toronto in summer 2009. Orlando offered Turkoglu a four-year extension worth approximately $36 million, but he ended up signing a five-year deal with the Raptors worth approximately $53 million.

"Sometimes for both sides, people think change would be good," he said. "In that situation, as a player, you always try to give (the best for) your family, and this organization (thought) that change would be good.
Turkoglu flourishing in second tour with Magic
Claudius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote