Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ford: Free Agent Winners & Losers
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

why would Bosh leave a great situation for a lousy one (since he can only sign as a free agent with a weak team - very rare when good teams have tons of cap space available)?

And O'Neal hasn't missed that many games - certainly not more than Stoudemire or Brand. Tim Duncan has also missed quite a lot of games over the past 3-4 seasons with his fasciitis problem. T-Mac, Yao, Wade, Nash also had/have many health problems. Even Bosh has missed a significant amount of games recently. It's part of the game - many stars have a history of injuries. I don't see O'Neal being at a significant increased risk vs those above. If he was 35, maybe - but he's only 29, really in his prime. And he will be motivated like hell and in a less stressful situation, which will reduce the injury risks.

In my opinion, the biggest risk on our team is Jose, not JO. We could withstand 30 games missed by O'Neal, but I'm not sure if we could do the same without Calderon. But regardless, all Jermaine, Jose and Bosh need to do is to be healthy for the playoffs. Do you have any doubt in your mind that with O'Neal we would have beaten Orlando this spring? We will still be vulnerable vs the Cavs and maybe Miami, but against the rest of the teams in the conference we will match very very well, including Detroit, Boston or Philadelphia.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote