Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Ford: Free Agent Winners & Losers
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 06:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ugo Ferst
is pounding the rock!

Banned

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adequate Swag View Post
Fair enough, but in defense of this being not that risky, do you really think keeping TJ and Rasho or making the "safe" trade (Diaw or the Portland deal. Both of which sucked) would be any more appealing to Bosh?

This has a better chance of working out than any other possible scenario. The risk is almost entirely to do with Jermaine's health. Even if he plays poorly, they're going to get more out of him than they could have possibly gotten out of Ford and Nesterovic.
Im a Rasho fan!! I dont think he is as good as O'Neal if/when he is healthy, but i think we could have got more out of him then we did.

I do think Bryan had to do something to make Bosh feel better in the next couple years. Im just saying imo the big risk is losing him and we start all over again, and i would QQ

The problem was Fords was undervalued due to his injury history, so all we could get was another good player with an injury history aswell. I dont hate the move, but there is definately a risk factor invovled.
Ugo Ferst is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote