Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Sam Speaks Out
Thread: Sam Speaks Out
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
JayJayW
dollar dollar bills yall

Representing:
76ers Sam Speaks Out

So i guess we finally get to here what Sam has to say

Quote:
MT: What do you think about Canadian players like Steve Nash who donít play for the team? Do you think itís because of the current coaching staff?

SD: I understand Steve Nash wants to spend time with his family. I donít know what went on there. I have a different perspective on things now then I did initially. I learned at a young age that while there are rules, you have to deal with people differently. I donít know how the situation was handled with Nash or the other NBA players. I donít think any NBA players would want to be in that situation and deal with that drama. It would be tough for anybody.

MT: Rautins has also made it sound like as though you were forgetting Joel Anthony when you said it would be tough to get NBA players on the roster. He was a D-League call up. It appears obvious your intent was not to diss a teammate. Could you clear that up?

SD: I was dissing nobody. Me and Joel Anthony was cool. We hung out together. I even told him that I was proud of him being on the team. He was born in Canada. How come he never played for the Canadian team? Doesnít make sense huh? I told him, I was sooo happy to have him on the team. He works hard. He goes strong. I told him I loved playing with him. He should be very proud of himself. Itís a tough situation.

MT: Was there a meeting saying your dismissal was unanimous among the team?

SD: There was no meeting. Thatís not true. I spoke with some of the players. He said the same thing when he cut the other players about it being unanimous among us. He cut four players. I also think he had too many personal ties to the team.
http://thestartingfive.net/2008/07/2...national-team/
JayJayW is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote