Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chuck's Homerism Hath No Bounds
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 01:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I love the Swirsk, and i agree with everything he said except being the number 2 seed behind Boston. I predict anywhere from 4-6.But if we do stay healthy we could surprise.

I'm also anxious to see Ukic play, and there are good days ahead in Toronto.
so you're saying that #2 is out of the question for us? I don't know about that. We should be ahead of Orlando, Cavs and Whasington since we were pretty much tied with them and they didn't make any move of significance. The real question is Detroit - will the new rookie coach be able to do something with this team and keep Rasheed in check? I think there's more than a good chance that he won't.

From the teams behind us, only Philly has a real chance of catching up with us. But I don't see them being better. For one, they had a lot of success playing a run and gun style last season, and I don't know if Brand has what it takes to play that style successfully. Miller was the key for them, and he's quite old and might lose a step next season. And they have no 3pt shooters, which is a major weakness (we no longer have any major weaknesses, but we do have quite a few major strengths: 3pt shooting, low TO rate etc).

I think #2 is not at all out of our reach - I actually think that if everything falls into place (no injuries, the progress of Bargnani, Moon, Mitchell etc), we can even win the conference this season.
moremilk is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote