Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why I Am Sold On Bayless
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Joshz
Pondering if these are BCs last days

Representing:
Default Why I Am Sold On Bayless

Looking past his statistics, which over the last three games have been good, Jerryd Bayless plays the point in a way this team hasn't had since the Mighty Mouse days.

Bayless is relentless at attacking the rim, and he has shown the ability to make plays for others. Definitely he needs to improve on this aspect of his game, but his ability to break down his defender should in time led to easy scoring opportunities for the Raps wings (when they learn to shoot).

Additionally Bayless gets after it on defence. He is probably over aggressive guarding his man, but that should led to turnovers and fast break opportunities which this team really thrives on.

Although, what really makes me intrigued about his future is this interview after tonight's embarrassing loss.

Jerryd played well tonight, and rather than talk to the media about his personal performance he looked dejected and embarrassed, rightfully so. This guy cares about team success, and to me, he looks like he has the makings of a real keeper.
Joshz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote