Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - another discussion about religion
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 AM   #121 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't think this is what i am saying.

i think the world would be significantly better if humans channelled their collective faith into reason, science and unrestricted inquiry. this is not to say that there is no option for spirituality and for conceptions of gods, creators, etc, but it does mean that truth is sought, dogma is resisted, and spirituality cannot be associated with power. i think that much of the dogma associated with the main organized religions stands in contrast to the qualities that best support human development. that doesn't mean the world is worse off with many kinds of spirituality and it doesn't mean that religion needs to be altogether eliminated. it just means that it can't stand in the way of truth.
I hear what you're saying. Your elaboration was probably helpful to people following the thread. Based on the earlier posts, it would be easy for people to assume you want the "plague" completely eliminated.

Quote:
theism is a plague upon human development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Someguy again View Post
there are exceptions
Quote:
i disagree.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote