Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - another discussion about religion
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 PM   #60 (permalink)
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

I'm an atheist. But I never arrived at that from anyone convincing me of anything one way or another. It's something I came to on my own for the most part. And it ain't perfect. I really don't have a problem with anyone that believes in anything if they've come to terms with it on their own, for the most part. For me doubt is the key. If you are some kind of believer without doubt, or are unwilling to profess doubt, then I've got no time for any of that. And the same pretty much goes for not believing.

I think it is doubt and the unknown that allows for Faith to exist, and whether we come at that from a vantage point of believing in some traditional means of dealing with it, or dismissing all of that, there is still something latent in all of us that can recognize the mysteries of the unknown and stop and wonder and have it effect us as we move through our lives.

People that can come together and celebrate that as a community, as long as they aren't unquestioning freaks that are looking for ways to stop thinking, and having others stop thinking, are perfectly alright by me.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote