Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Swirsky: "Bye Canada"
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2008, 04:16 PM   #22 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Debates on Chuck Swirsky are getting a bit ridiculous.

I get that he was a great guy, good for the team, and good for the city. Those, for the most part, are facts. Can't really be argued. Chuck Swirsky, the person, was great.

Reactions to his broadcasting, however, are completely a matter of preference. I wasn't a huge fan. At the same time, I appreciate the fact that a lot of people were, and I understand why. It's pretty easy to see both sides of this argument, in my opinion, and as such it's a little ridiculous to say "How can you like Chuck?" or "How can you hate Chuck?"

Take Britney Spears for example. We can all agree she's a complete waste case of an individual, but opinions on the quality of her music would probably vary.

Chuck's broadcasting is similar. I don't think anyone has ever met Chuck, or seen Chuck at a public appearance and walked away thinking, "what a douchebag". Everyone, from what I've seen, loves Chuck the person. However, opinions on his commentary are wide ranging to say the least.

I will say that while I've had plenty of negative things to say about Chuck in the past, he's far from the worst. That includes national and regional guys. Chuck's homerism was at least enthusiastic. When you hear some of the clowns that call games in the States on regional networks, it makes you appreciate Chuck for at least being entertaining in some way.

That said, I'm very open to the impending change of pace.

And Acie, that description of Dwight Howard is downright creepy. Moist and chocolatey? I guess when Chuck sees someone go off like that against Toronto it's grounds for some serious man-love.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key