Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kleiza needs to leave Toronto.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:44 AM   #46 (permalink)
mb666
it is what it is.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
how exactly does Kleiza not fit in the Toronto system? i'd love to hear how he doesnt fit... examples would be great... and please dont say that he'd be averaging 16 points if he 'fit' in our system.
is it because he is 'only' averaging 10/4?
what kind of stats were you expecting from him?
you say he fit in the Denver system, yet he put up the exact same stats in the exact same playing time. do you really believe that playing one year in Greece has somehow transformed a mediocre player into a star?
if he was back in Denver this season (a team you say he 'fit' in), do you think he would somehow be averaging more than 10/4?

its great that you mention Denver as a team where theres so much ball movement, when they average 21 assists per game... and Toronto has no ball movement yet we average 20 assists per game.
huge difference there.
Toronto has no offensive system and its 1-on-1 basketball. He floats around the perimeter, and unlike in Denver, rarely anyone passes him the ball. Everyone tries to create their own shot. Kleiza scores in Toronto usually when he has to be a playmaker... and he is not a playmaker... not playing to his strength and inefficient use of him.

Averaging 10/4 in Denver when the competed in the playoffs is exponentially more significant then doing that on the Raptors who are one of the league's worst teams.

Are you comparing this year's assists between the Nuggets and Raptors? I'll let you figure out that fallacy.

No one is saying Kleiza is a star. I don't know where your pulling these things from, similarly to the "starter" thing you mentioned. You can reply to my post again, but I'll say it a last time to you at least... Kleiza does not fit in Toronto's system and is being under-utilized. He would be more efficient elsewhere. I wouldn't label Kleiza ever being a mediocre player considering he was playing on a Nuggets team that was a solid playoff contender... he managed to find a strong role as a bench player at the age of 23 and younger... scoring 41 in one game. And yes, he did improve greatly after Greece, being a top performer in the Euroleague and as evidenced in the World Championship leading Lithuania to 3rd place and being on the all-tournament team. If Kleiza goes from a stacked Denver team, improves, and has similar statistics on a Toronto team ranked 28 in the preseason, then yes, he doesn't fit here.
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote