Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kleiza needs to leave Toronto.
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 01:30 AM   #44 (permalink)
mb666
it is what it is.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
i don't know that we even have an established system yet. and if we do, there's no guarantee that it will be the same next year. we are rebuilding. lk knew that when he signed here, and he signed long term. we can assume that the team is looking for a pg and a c, at least, and that we have several assets, including a pick, a tpe, expiring deals, a bit of cap space and some prospects that might be moved or used in all kinds of ways to find those players. things will change, that is a near certainty. lk has been here for just over a month. perhaps it's a bit soon to be talking about not fitting in. welcome to raptorland guys, but don't expect this to be a team that has defined roles and a deep rooted system yet. things will evolve over more than this one season, and i can't possibly imagine that linas doesn't know exactly what's going on here.
I understand where your coming from and the "rebuilding" process, but I can confidently say that Kleiza didn't expect to be playing the limited minutes he currently is, especially with this kind of roster. It's not about starting... it's minutes and role.

Kleiza was the top guy on a Greek team that would arguably be better then a fourth of NBA teams, including Toronto. The beauty of European basketball is that you don't need one superstar and its a team game. Kleiza was that most efficient guy. Kleiza was also the leader of a national team that finished 3rd in the World Championship and 4th in the past two Olympic games (and 3 bronzes earlier).

I think Kleiza's role should be somewhat more defined, at least enough to be playing over 30 minutes, consistently. If he can't play over 30 minutes on one of the worst teams in the league, then I'm sure he'd rather go on a contender like the Spurs/Magic and play 18 meaningful minutes off the bench where he fits in a system. Highly doubt Kleiza agreed to this limited role even with the rebuilding. His resume is legit and he will eventually voice his frustration. Either traded to a better fit, or return to Europe.

Some problems stem from management/(maybe coaching staff):

- Switching the rotations too frequently.
- Depending on Bargnani's jumpshot. Not giving him any tough love when he play's like dogsh!t.
- Overplaying Reggie (before injury) and Derozan (yea he needs experience, but he's unworthy of averaging 30 minutes, especially playing those minutes with a hamstring injury for a few games).
- Under-utilizing Amir Johnson. Guy is the future and needs half of the attention Derozan is receiving.
- Under-utilizing Barbosa. Paying him over $7,000,000 to come off the bench for a spark? At least give him some minutes before his wrist surgery.
- Not pursuing a defensive center.
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote