Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kleiza needs to leave Toronto.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
MARTYNAS
some creepy guy

Representing:

Ok, it looks like pointless discussion. We Lithuanians trying to defend him, maybe we are biased but we know him better.
It's true it's all about the system. As I said, he is not superstar, he can't play well in any system. Look, now Derozan averaging 30 minutes! Damn, if he would be in elite EL team, for example Barcelona. I imagine how bad he would be in that system, how fans would laugh at him, how far away from the NBA he would look.
It's just a imaginary example but it's a lot of facts. I remember Chuck Eidson. His first year he played in "Lietuvos Rytas" (Lithuanian team), he looked very bad, he was just after injure too. Fans was furious, he was terrible. But then team hired new coach, and next season, Chuck Eidson was amazing, was a leading scorer, reabounder, assister, stealer and bloker on the team! The guy became a legend there, probably the best ''Rytas'' foreigner of all times.
And the same this year. Old ''Rytas'' coach showed no love to Lithuanian super talent Jonas Valanciunas. He is only 18, he is skinny, he is not ready. But the team hired new coach and Jonas already a starter.

I saying, it's about the system, coaches. And the guy showed interest, he wanted to play here! He is still a Raptor, why show hate or smth. with these Kleizoglu jokes...
And i think, Kleiza is the guy, who needs to know his role. He must to now his minutes. After the trade, he plays 25 minutes in one game, then 7 minutes in the other. I think it doesn't help to him.
MARTYNAS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote