Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Kleiza needs to leave Toronto.
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 10:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
mb666
it is what it is.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
I actually think Linas is doing pretty well here given the circumstances. Like i am curious why you think he is dissapointing or he isn't enjoying himself. He's still a big part of the rotation and he's still scoring decently enough. Sure he has some off nights, but he's not Kobe Bryant. You guys know he's not as good as Kobe Bryant, right? just checking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by INSIDER View Post
im kinda wondering the same thing...
he's averaging 10/4 here... he averaged even less his last year in Denver, and is playing the most minutes he has ever averaged in his entire NBA career.
so why again is he unhappy? and why again are you all clamoring to have him traded?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafFanB View Post
Through an injury and at times inconsistent minutes he's not doing that bad imo.
Kleiza is a much improved player since his Denver days. All he did on the Nuggets was shoot 3s. After Europe he has a more all around game... well at least he added play making in the post (something he did well in college too).

It's possible that some of you guys can only judge Kleiza on his Denver days. Unsure how many games you saw him play in Greece, or even in the World Championship. Maybe you guys saw the Lithuania/US game, and if so, that's unfortunate because that was by far his worst game.

Kleiza was a beast in Greece playing against Europe's highest competition. As already mentioned, I really think that the top two Greece teams would beat the Raptors. Us Lithuanians take basketball religiously and we can all confidently say that Kleiza is not currently playing to his potential and ability.

Maybe the European game is different, and Kleiza is better suited in that style of play. Like Anthony Parker, who was also very good overseas, isn't doing much in the NBA. But I think Parker came to the NBA too old... was over 30. Kleiza is just 25and I think he is a European that can actually play well in the NBA. He is currently playing worst then on the Nuggets and he has improved, so something is wrong. I think the Raptors are just not a team for him. He needs a play-maker and Toronto has none. There's no offensive system in Toronto other then guys playing 1-on-1... it's not the system for him.

Kleiza has far more potential than averaging 10/4. Get him on a team where the offense flows and the ball moves, and he would be far more effective.

Last edited by mb666; 12-02-2010 at 10:09 PM.
mb666 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote