Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Hornets could relocate
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_titty View Post
I don't get why Seattle had to relocate to OKC. It should have been NO after that one season they spent there.
After Katrina Stern and the NBA made the call to stick it out in New Orleans as part of the whole rebuilding process. The city and area went to hell and back and keeping the team these was seen as a way to build morale and healing. It was the right thing to do.

but today is today and i would say probably enough time has passed that if it's not working (which it isn't) ownership should probably explore other options.

The issue with Seattle i believe was the arena wasn't cutting it and there was no plan to get a new one. OKC made sense because it worked there for a bit. Still don't think it's all that viable in the long run but time will tell.

I don't know, i think the NBA (like some other leagues) is pretty much operating with a few more teams than it should and the well is running dry when it comes to untapped market.

Last edited by fancylad; 12-01-2010 at 02:41 PM.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote