Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - grey cup
Thread: grey cup
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
is the baby faced assassin

Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
OK. I'll respond to this because it pretty much answered the question i posed to you.

I'll concede to your point about the playoff selections (damn there's a first time for eveything i guess). They should narrow down the playoffs. Top two in each conference and that's it. However, i will disagree with you about the knock on talent. Seriously, this by all accounts is the second best professional league in the world.

Again, as i said i am not even a fan of the sport, but the athletes look damn talented to me. I often see good runs, exciting tackles, diving catches, long throws, etc. To say that the talent is piss poor just shows that you are trying to hate. LOTS of the players in this league are highly touted AMerican college players and award winning ones at that and people love college football and always talk about how great it is. Also, lots of them come from the NFL or go to play in the NFL. Point is the talent drop off isn't even that big from the NFL relatively speaking.
They look quicker imo mainly because they are playing on a much bigger field and have a lot more space to maneuver and run. Not saying there is no talent. But considering it's only an 8 team league you'd think the talent level might be higher. Another problem is the players are payed like shit for the most part.

But going back to talent, put most of these players on an NFL field and they wouldn't be able to cut it, and usually can't which is how they usually end up in the CFL.

I think they should have 10 teams if at all possible, not sure it's viable but what about the east coast? 6 playoff team out of 10 teams would be a little more respected. Anyway i look at the CFL as the minor leagues for the NFL.

And forcing teams to have a certain amount of Canadian players is imo stupid, even if it's a Canadaian based league. They should be able to sign the best talent no matter the nationality for the whole roster.

Last edited by jeffb; 11-29-2010 at 02:43 PM.
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote