Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - grey cup
Thread: grey cup
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I suppose. I just don't think an 8 team league that has 6 of those teams get playoff spots is that interesting. That plus the talent is pretty piss poor. It's the D League for players that can't cut it in the NFL for the most part and it doesn't help that each team has to have so many Canadian players, i understand it's a canadian based league but still.

It's great if someone is a CFL fan and if the enjoy the great atmosphere. But i've always found the CFL very lackluster, aside from the grey cup perhaps as it appears to as you said, they throw a good party and it does have a very long tradition. Just not my thing. I don't watch much football, but if i do it isn't the CFL.
OK. I'll respond to this because it pretty much answered the question i posed to you.

I'll concede to your point about the playoff selections (damn there's a first time for eveything i guess). good point. They should narrow down the playoffs. Top two in each conference and that's it. However, i will disagree with you about the knock on talent. Seriously, this by all accounts is the second best professional league in the world.

Again, as i said i am not even a fan of the sport, but the athletes look damn talented to me. I often see good runs, exciting tackles, diving catches, long throws, etc. To say that the talent is piss poor just shows that you are trying to hate. LOTS of the players in this league are highly touted AMerican college players and award winning ones at that and people love college football and always talk about how great it is. Also, lots of them come from the NFL or go to play in the NFL. Point is the talent drop off isn't even that big from the NFL relatively speaking.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote