Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jose's Coach in Spain Focused on D
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Superjudge
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeToronto View Post
Horrible use of the word "already" aside - we need a defensive coordinator. Truly, we do. Come to think of it, we need one for offence as well.

We've had these discussions last season, the season before last, and, in fact, as far back as the first year of Sam's tenure - the guy is a motivator, but not an Xs and Os coach. We need someone who can establish a team defensive scheme that hides players' defficiencies instead of magnifying them. I believe that both Kapono and Calderon are good enough team defenders and it has been corroborated by their play for the Heat and Spanish national team respectively. If the Raps ever manage to realize just how weak their coaching staff really is... Actually, this could be the season as I don't think BC can improve much on the current roster.
Funny.

Nobody says shit about the team defence or offensive cohesiveness when they Raptors show up motivated to actually try, and play some of the most beautiful basketball I've seen in years. Nope. Those games are flukes where the stars align and the team just plays fundamentally perfect ball by mistake.
Superjudge is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote