Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Roster and outlook
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 10:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
King Shake
is pounding the rock!

I Am King

Representing:
Send a message via AIM to King Shake Send a message via MSN to King Shake

Oh man, I forget completely about Andrea, my bad lol. Yea, Andrea will be huge or he will have to be PF I believe. Jawai and Hump will be fighting for the center roll. I actually have very little faith in Andrea and I didn't like that we picked him at all, but my logic helps me understand that he's 20, a bit raw and playing with a coach who has no creativity on the offensive side. Mitchell is all pick and roll and feed it to Bosh or O'Neal and teams catch on to that. I hope he has some tricks or something to not make us so predictable.

Quote:
Have you knuckle heads ever watche dthe Raps practice or listened to Mitchell speak?

Toronto is far from the bottom in defense league wide.

They got burned in a few places, both have been sufficiently addressed.

You blame the coach like you kow how to coach. It's kinda funny.

As for the Kapono/Moon thing. Whatever, why be torn, they will work that out in pracice andin games, the guy that wants it will have it. Period. It is no different than you HS basketball team man, you still gotta show and earn it on Mitchells team.
Dude, Mitchell runs the game plan. The guy calls the shots. He sets up our offensive and defensive plays. He has no creativity what-so-ever and I think that hurts Bosh and Bargnani a lot.

Defensively, no one say we are horrible, just that we have weak spots. Calderon, Andrea, Adams, Kapono and Solomon (Who I've read is very erratic and takes to many chances on defense). Mitchell runs the type of defense he knows how to run. He tries to focus on team defense because he knows he has some weak defenders.

You know why everyone says the Spurs are such a great defensive team....Pop. Gregg Pop. is probably the most systematic coach in the NBA right now. The guy has a system in place that can make every player look like he deserves 7 million a year by the way it uses their best ability. Tony Parker is a weak defender, but on the Spurs he looks like defensive player of the year. So, the coach has a lot to do with it.

Last edited by King Shake; 07-29-2008 at 10:16 AM.
King Shake is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote