Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Benson: Lessons Learned in Vegas
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 04:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Talking Benson: Lessons Learned in Vegas

This guy is a funny dude.

Here's are some of his highlights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Benson
I learned that Coach Sam Mitchell is a funny dude. Seriously. For example, he doesn't believe in ADD, he just thinks there are "dumb people." What he really means is "pay attention when I tell you how to defend the ball screen." I was actually talking to him one time and he just cut off my sentence to bet me that I wouldn't go talk to a girl that walked by. Of course I said I would and I followed her for a few steps, only to see her walk over to Jamie Foxx and give him a big hug and kiss. I walked back over to Coach and told him that I, in fact, could not do it. Another one of my teammates said he didn't care who she was talking to, and went over to her. Alas, Jamie's security did care. I'll stop that right there.
Quote:
I learned that Hassan Adams can still dunk, that Joey Graham never stopped dunking, and that I respect Anthony Randolph's game.

While Joey Graham is still on my mind, I learned that one elbow from him can make you hurt so badly that you don't even notice when you sprain your MCL.
Quote:
I learned that Nathan Jawai, easily one of the largest humans on the planet, and clearly the largest on my summer league team, sounds a heck of a lot like Mickey Mouse when he calls for the ball. "Joey! Joey! I'm open Joey!"
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote