Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bosh: 13 Hour Flight, Macao Like Vegas, McDonalds In China!
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
how 'bout, oh i don't know, seeing the sites maybe? having a cultural learning experience? trying new food? meeting new people?

personally i'd relish the opportunity to see beijing and have a nearly unlimited budget to do it. sign me up!
I would too, but I don't have an entire country relying on me to bring home a gold medal.

He can experience the culture if he wants, but he's there to play. If he really wanted to take a cultural trip he could go on his own time.

I'm sure the whole team will partake in some touristy stuff, but given all of the alleged environmental and safety issues that China is dealing with in respect to these Olympics, I don't think Team USA will want any of it's players out and about too much.

This team doesn't stay in the Olympic Village for safety reasons, and seeing as safety concerns are rampant in China right now, I wouldn't be surprised if XBox at the hotel has been recommended.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote