Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani The Reason CV Was Traded?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator
Default Bargnani The Reason CV Was Traded?

Hmm .... don't really know about that. We needed a PG and at that point Charlie was really our only asset. But, interesting read nevertheless and nice to hear about another ex-Raptor that misses Toronto.

From KABOSH from the RealGM:

Originally Posted by RealGM
I was at a get together yesterday around at my neighbourhood, flemington park. There were many people attending including Jamal Magloire, who is also from the neighbourhood(he is very tall BTW). He seemed out of shape and i went and gave him a hand shake and asked him when he would be back in the NBA. He said "still waiting for phone call man". I was dissapointed by his physique because you could tell his wasnt taking care of his body.

But my favourite part of the evening was meeting Charlie V's brother, Rob. He was a very nice guy and was willing to talk. He told charlie in LA right now working for the upcoming season and he finally feels healthy. He told me Charlie was very upset when he left Toronto. He even asked me " Do you like Andrea?" i answered " I still believe he'll turn into something special". He responded " Well, he is the reason Charlie got traded". He told me that Charlie was traded because Andrea was brought in , another big man. He told me that Charlie was dissapointed when he heard he was traded because Colangelo himself had told him that he wouldnt be traded and weeks later, Charlie heard from the radio that he was traded. Colangelo didn't even bothering telling him he was being traded, he had to find out from the radio. He also told me that charlie just had his first baby, born in Toronto. He said that Charlie loves Toronto and hopes to be back but the situation the Raptors are on there is no room for him.

All in all, this made me remember what a nice guy Charlie was and that he wasn't treated right by Colangelo. His brother was very cool and very interesting to talk to.
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote