Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - USA Basketball Pre-Olympic Game - USA vs. Canada
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Belsius
a paranoid android

My name is Iņigo Montoya

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
The olympics havent been kind to either Bosh or Boozer because its really a guards game, which leaves Dwight as really the only solid contributor at the big position. I think this will be exploited when they play Spain. Dont underestimate Spain vs the US, the way they move the ball and the shooting and creativity they have on the floor is going to give the US tons of problems, not to mention that we havent even seen US vs any kind of zone yet with this exact team.

Speaking of which, why didnt Leo even try to have his guys play zone vs the US? Maybe then they woulda only lost by 45.
Spains defense has improved with the new coach, thats the only reason I think we might have a chance. Like you said, its pretty obvious that against the US it will and it has to be zone zone and more zone. The objetive is going to be to make the americans think as much as they can, long posesions, slow the game, make them shooters and hope none of them is on fire, thats the only way to have a chance.

Still, I dont think we will beat them.
Belsius is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote