Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The All-in-One Bargnani Hate Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 01:31 PM   #139 (permalink)
moremilk
whatever

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
i like Bargnani, but it just kills me that he is being asked to play a role that's unsuited for him. Even when he posts up, it looks like a guard posting up. He'll back his man down a bit and then just go for a jump shot anyways. Not that it's a bad thing because he has a good jump shot. So for this complaint that he doesn't get normal numbers for a center, well it's because he's not a true center.

Whatever, in spite of this he is a pretty good player. Obviously he has lots of short comings, but i've come to like the guy.
I disagree about the posting up, a face up jumper over a smaller defender is probably a better percentage shot than a hook or any other conceivable shot he would get following a post-up. Of course, ideally you would back up until under the basket, but few centers since shaq are actually able to do that today.

The problem is that Bargnani is not very strong, so he can't push effectively, but thanks to his superior height, he's able to shoot over the defender from close(r) range.
moremilk is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote