Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Books Thread
Thread: Books Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #58 (permalink)
rapsfan087
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
For the 'sword and shield' stuff, I loved the Drangonlance series when I was a teenager - by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. I also loved David Eddings' books - The Belgariad and the Mallorean.
Loved all of those (sometimes still read something). Although I always prefered the "Forgotten kingdoms" than Dragonlance, I read a lot of the books of both collections.

Other author of that kind of literature that I like a lot is Michael Moorcock, I read the Eternal Champion, Eroskesė, Hawkmoon and Elric, and if someday I see the others (Corum, Cornelius, ...) I am going to buy them.

After those I read a lot of Stephen King stuff, I liked how he explained the people's thoughts, always made sense for me, every person's thoughts, what they felt when something happened ... It (the part when they are kids is the best IMO), Apocalipse, Christine, Salem's lot, the Tommyknockers, Cujo, the dead zone, the shining, the eyes of the dragon, the Shop, Insomnia, the secret window, the 4 seasons, 2 after midnight, ...

Till he wrotte "Gerald's game", that was too much for me (and I read it): there is only a person in almost the whole book :|.

Snoochie, if you like Tolkien and if you like the Tom Sharpe's humour (Wilt) you should try to read "The Discworld series" by Terry Pratchett, what the hell, all of you should read it . Very funny stuff IMO.

Robert Ludlum's "the Omaha's road" was other book that I surprised a lot, didn't expect the humour, now I have to get "the road to Gandolfo", that it's the first part.

If someone haven't realized, I love to read. And yeah, don't mind if books are old of new stuff, I use to look for the author's books who I like. Lately I look for funny books, if someone can name a good one, it would be nice.

For those who don't like read, only I can say it's they haven't found yet what they like. That or they prefer the TV
rapsfan087 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote