Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Interesting Little Tidbit on Delfino
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 01:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by n30tokyo View Post
I didn't wanna see him go but I guess he's all about money. I think what the Raps should've done was not re-sign Moon and try to get him back. I mean I'd take this guy over moon any ball game. He drives whenever he gets the chance, has better FG%, ball-handling, something 6'8 Moon couldn't do.
You don't have to be all about the money to know you're worth more than a minimum contract, which is all the Raptors could give him.

You can't "not re-sign" a guy whos contract hasn't run out. Moon has another year left on his deal. So unless you want to suffer a cap penalty to buy out a minimum salary player who contributes more than guys making MLE cash, I don't know why you'd consider that.

Furthermore, even if they could have let Moon walk, his salary is like $775,000. That's like half of the veterans minimum. Getting Moon's contract off the books wouldn't even have given Toronto enough money to offer Delfino the minimum, let alone the contract he deserved.

And I'll take Moon's understanding that he is the last offensive option over Delfino's belief that he's a misused all star any day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Moon was a chucker who didn't shoot well at all from 3 (31%) and didn't go to the hoop.I like him, but if he doesn't start going to the rim he better be working on his shot,especially the 3, or take more mid range shots.All i know is that everytime he jacked up 3's i got extremely nervous.
A chucker is someone who shoots a lot.

Moon averaged fewer shots per minute than anyone on the team last year besides Baston.

Fewer than Rasho. Fewer than Hump. Fewer than Primoz. Fewer than Joey.

I didn't check...but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Moon averaged amongst the fewest FGA's per minute of all the players in the league who logged 2000 minutes.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote