Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Jawai: "Andrea is one of the greatest talents in the world."
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 04:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
I agree, last season started out well for Bargnani.But when Sam started yanking him to/from the starting line up and his role was so undefined that it killed his confidence.That plus his injuries killed him. I expect him to settle in this year and have a season more comperable to his rookie season and probably improve on those numbers.

14PPG/5-6RPG

So you think that he would have been a solid contributor had he stayed in the starting lineup? To me he just didn't look ready to make the jump. To me the mistake was putting him in as a starter right away, and not the yanking so much.

And the biggest problem was losing the toughness that Garbajosa brought, and that was a void that Bargnani just wasn't ready to fill in any way. In fact he added to the void as a starter. Now he's got a guy in there that is both going to make things easier for him in terms of development, and hold him more accountable than anyone was going to in the locker-room in the past.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote