Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Game Thread: Toronto Raptors 89 - Detroit Pistons 103 (F)
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 11:59 PM   #34 (permalink)
ClingRap
enjoying having the keys to destiny

perusing ancient database

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
looks like blaming Bargnani has become the latest fashion ... not sure what did he do wrong in this game, other than one or two defensive mistakes, much fewer than chris bosh, antony parker or joey graham ... Again, mitchell chose to make his the scapegoat by taking him out after the first minutes in the second half, for no apparent reasons. I thought he played ok in the first half, had 5 rebounds (more than Bosh), and held his own against McDyess. Yes, he missed 3 shots, but they were all good shots, so I don't see a problem there.

If anybody is to blame for this loss, it's Sam Mitchell, who apparently learned nothing from the game last week, the same people that burned us then had their way again. For some reasons AP can't keep up with Hamilton, but luckily Mitchell had this great idea: why don't we put our worst defender (kapono) on hamilton, maybe that will work ...

And Bosh, he is completely useless against a strong defense, proving one more time that we'll never beat a good defensive team with CB4 as a primary offensive weapon ...
couldnt disagree with you more about bargnani. he was out of position almost everytime on defense. looked dozens of steps slower. he was given open looks and he missed them badly. and oh, that airball from five feet, real sharp.
i dont think mitchell is scapegoating him. but he brings absolutely nothing to the table, and the proof is in the pudding. the pudding being that opposing teams dont adjust their defenses for him before the game, like they were doing late last year and early this year. they stay off him and dare him to put it on the floor. when he does, he usually turns it over, travels, or falls over because he's so out of control.
ClingRap is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote