Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Blazers Might Go After Deng?
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

This team is downright scary already. Forget adding Deng...that would put them into powerhouse territory.

Roy and Aldridge are both excellent players already, and I have no idea why you would say they aren't going to get better Snooch. They've both played only 2 years. We expect Bargs to get better do we not? I'm not sure you could find me an example of any top notch NBA player who has peaked in their 2nd year. Those two can have a franchise built around them..they are both that good.

And THEN you add allegedly the best big man prospect in the last decade, who is going to be playing as pressure free as any number 1 pick in recent memory. He won't need to be a primary offensive option at all, and he can focus on developing a nice low post game while he rebounds and blocks shots. In addition, sitting out a year has already lowered people expectations from him because of the surgery. He's in a great position to succeed.

And they've got two young point guards, and I think Bayless is going to be a real player.

And they're strong two deep at basically every position.

I don't even want to think about the potential this team would have if they added Deng. Kevin Pritchard has been the best GM in the league over the past few seasons, and if that continues this roster could get ridiculous.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote