Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rosen Doesn't Think Much of JO
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Thumbs down Rosen Doesn't Think Much of JO

Charley Rosen doesn't think too highly of Jermaine.

Well funny thing is, I've never thought highly of Rosen's opinions. So take this for what its worth. Nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX Sports
It seems to me that had the Lakers traded for Jermaine O'Neal instead of the Raptors, everybody would be raving about how the Lakers would be destined to be the NBA's next dynasty. Landing JO was a terrific move by Toronto. If he can stay healthy, is there a better PF-C combo in the league?
-- Ali Mohamed, Toronto, ON

Charley: It just so happens that I'm not a huge Jermaine O'Neal fan. Despite his imposing physique, he's far from being a power player. Indeed, he's repeated on several occasions his reluctance to play the low post. Also, his defense is barely adequate, which eventuates in his being in chronic foul trouble. Plus, he rarely delivers when a critical game is on the line. So don't be deceived by his numbers.

The key word in your last sentence is "if". He hasn't played in at least 70 games since 2003-04 and is rapidly approaching his 30th birthday.
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote