Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - FA's to Europe
Thread: FA's to Europe
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
jumplvlan23
hi

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzo View Post
The NHL thought the same thing once.
And now look at the NHL.... exactly why it isn't such a great thing that NBA talent is leaving the NBA. Personally I don't really care if bench warmers and players are leaving, because their talent can easily be replaced. Once a star leaves, then we have a problem...

However, I think this may only be temporary, because of the weak American dollar. Once the dollar rises back to normal, players may not be so adamant about leaving. It always comes down to money. The Euro is much stronger than the American dollar.

As for kids skipping college to play overseas, so be it. I wouldn't want the NBA to retract its minimum age requirement just so that these kids don't end up in Europe. It'd be the wrong thing to do. The NBA has done its part in trying to let those play basketball with an education to fall back on if it doesn't work out. Too many high school players thought they could make it big in the NBA by skipping college, and they didn't succeed. The NBA has done its part in trying to avoid that, and now its up to the individual to make a decision about college or playing overseas. There is nothing the NBA can do about that.
jumplvlan23 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote