Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Marcus Williams
Thread: Marcus Williams
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
bartron_44
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I think if we got Boone as well it would be worth it. He showed at times last year he can put up some double doubles when given some minutes in Jersey. I really doubt they would throw him in, but if they did, I think that trade would not be too bad. I almost like the trade for Boone better then Williams though, I think he has some potential and could be another Hump like contributor with rebounds etc.

from NBA.com last year when Boone cracked their starting lineup:

Update: Boone has 16 offensive rebounds since entering the starting lineup three games ago and leads the Nets with 46 boards off the offensive glass.

Analysis: It's been seven games since Boone emerged in coach Lawrence Frank's rotation, ultimately becoming a starter. He's proven to be a ferocious rebounder,averaging 8.7 rebounds in 30 minutes per game during the seven-game stretch.

All this being said, I can't see them just throwing in Boone on any trade. He was their starting Center for alot of last year, and they haven't even resigned Nenad Kystic yet I don't think. At worst he is their backup Center though, and Joey G and replacing that void.....therefore, highly unlikely.
bartron_44 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote