Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - A new season of over/under
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 06:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:
Default A new season of over/under

As the new season approaches, I'd like to remind everyone of over/under starting up again. For those that don't know - we like to play the over/under line for each Raptor game, with those making the right choice gaining a point and climbing in the standings from game to game.

This season I would like to add a twist that was introduced in a playoff round last season. I'd like to get everyone to make two selections. The primary choice will still be the o/u. But I'd like to add another choice which would allow those who chose correctly for the over/under, to gain a bonus point. In the playoffs, that came about with the selection of the winning team. I'd like to go with the same idea, but include the spread that is posted in Vegas. If the Raptors are favored to win by 5 points, and you select them as winners +5, but they only win by 3, then you would not get the bonus point. To ensure there is no confusion, I would state the choices as Raptors win by 5 or more, and the Raptors DO NOT win by 5 or more.

With that twist, we would see more jumps in the standings, and less of the leaders waiting to see which choice would best favor them retaining their lead, by playing with the field. It won't do away with that completely, but it will add a whole other dimension so that doing so doesn't become automatic, and we all end up playing more of our own games.

Any thoughts?
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote