Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why are Leafs fan unliked?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
I disagree. I have friends that are fans of other teams and they all have their head on straight. None of them "plan the parade" after a three game winning streak.

Leaf fans are blindly optimistic. "This is our year". blah blah blah.

Management trading the future away for an aging Wendel Clarke and 2 minutes of Doug Gilmore just to appease the fans should tell you all you need to know about the Leafs and their fans.

Leaf fans are different. Frankly the only thing that will stop these morons is winning the cup. Then they will stop playing the "I know my team doesnt win- THATS how much of a dedicated fan I am" thing.

My favorite Leaf fan story. The Raps are in the playoffs vs the Knicks. A playoff game is on. I go to a pub and EVERY channel (about 30 TVs) are tuned to the Leafs trying to keep their playoff hopes alive. I get on a chair and turn ONE TV to the Raptor game. A dude fronts me-he's huge and dumb- and tells me I better change it back or "we're going to have a problem". He could turn his head about 10 degrees to see another TV. I tell the manager to have the cops on speed dial. After many words, the manager turns the TV back, gets his B/W TV from his office and puts in on the Raptor game. Tells me to leave if I dont like it.

THATS how dedicated he is!
Lol... I love fans like that.

It is really sad though that most casual fans won't even acknowledge the Raps' existence until the Leafs are done in the playoffs.

This city is going to need G20-like security if the Leafs ever win the cup lol... because it will probably burn down.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote