Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Books Thread
Thread: Books Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Snooch
is back baby

Large and in charge

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
it depends entirely on what you are interested in. i like challenging books, books with great prose, epic battles, good and evil, the dark underbelly and the brightest lights, moral struggle and the birth of new ideas.

tell me what you are interested in and I'll see what i can think of.

i'd read lolita, though. it is such an incredible book. he almost convinces you that Humbert's act of preying upon an innocent child is an act of love and caring. almost. but the reality is that he's a monster. "an artist and a monster."
I dont know about Lolita, the whole idea of it creeps me out and makes me really angry. Im sure its great and all but I know just seeing the movie(which are never as graphic as a book) really made me uncomfortable.

But on to what I like is that whole sword and sheild type thing and fantasy. I know that Lord of the Rings, Troy, Braveheart, Gladiator etc are my favorite movies and I love the whole idea of battles to the death, Glory in battle sort of shit.

Oh, and any book without Illustrations is a very challenging book to me
Snooch is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote