Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Clippers sign Azubuike to offer sheet
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Yeah, I assume Golden State will match.

You make a good point about going with Thornton and then using Kaman/Camby to help but that presents 2 issues. First, the most talented line up they can field features both Camby and Kaman. If they're both out there, they can't justify defending the 4 with someone else. Secondly, going with Thornton allows those guys to establish position down low due to his relative lack of size. If the 5 comes to help (Thornton doesn't have a hope defending the post against most 4's...from what I've seen up until now anyway) then you're opening up plenty of offensive options for any team that moves the ball semi-effectively.

I agree though, Dunleavy should be savvy enough to figure something out.

Maybe we see lots of zone from them? With their down low presence they could certainly try to force jump shots and lock down the boards.

They'll be very interesting to watch from a strategy perspective. I can't recall a team going with two legit top 5 centres in their starting lineup anytime recently.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote