Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Clippers sign Azubuike to offer sheet
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

Camby can defend most 4s with his length. He gave Duncan a really hard time in the playoffs a couple years ago. I think with the quicker 4's like West Bosh and Smith they should put Thornton on them and shadow them with Camby and Kaman. I think having Kaman and Camby in there will work more to their advantage than disadvantage. Dunleavy is actually a pretty good defensive coach, he'll figure out how to use them effectively, his problem is hes too obsessed with isolation basketball, which should now change with the addition of Baron and more pick and rolls.

And I think you're really underrating Kamans offence. He'd eat any smaller 4. The guy has a very solid post game with multiple moves and can use both hands.

The only thing stopping the Clippers from making the playoffs this year is health because they have a very injury prone team. If they do stay healthy, and Camby and Kaman turn into the chairmen of the boards/the defensive wall and Thornton continues to develop and averages around 16 ppg(the most likely of the 3) theyll make the playoffs and definately give a team a hard time in the 1st round.

And looking at that offer sheet, wont the Warriors match? Its pretty cheap for a good young SG like Kelenna
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote