Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - judge decriminalizes prostitution in ontario
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 01:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligeia View Post

Could you explain what precisely you find ridiculous?

Which is all very well and good for you to say, but can you give some examples of what else you think should be done?
I find the notion that we can make prostitution healthy and clean is ridiculous. Test the prostitutes all you want, that's possible. Test all the customers? Keep prostitutes from sleeping with untested customers, is that possible?? It's unrealistic.

The idea that the prostitutes are going to be organized in thirty days to reap these benefits is also unrealistic.

Trane brings up the point of sex trade workers who cater too niches and "have good heads on their shoulders". From what I understand, these people are finding a way to make money now. They can do it behind clothes doors, without breaking the communication law, and they can make good money doing it. I just don't see how this will help the ones on the street. I don't see where any real progress is made against "bad" prostitution.

The mature, healthy, self-promoting, independant prostitute has cleared a hurdle perhaps, but who is going to organize the drug addicted street walkers in to groups. A glamourized pimp. What wonderful pimps we'll have that although still making money off misguided youth, they'll alteast be supplying health benefits and cheap rent.

Their needs to be more ground roots help for prostitutes. Drug counselling, career counselling. Etc. This is can be done without making prostitution legal.
bjjs is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote