Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - judge decriminalizes prostitution in ontario
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjs View Post
What is stopping the pimp from opening up a bawdy house and whoring out his prostitutes while feeding them crack. What is stopping pimps from taking advantage of young woman. The 18 year old/19 year old who doesn't take out the bank loan and open up her store front shop, but instead gets mindfucked by some man who feeds her kind whispers and gets her on the pipe.

Look at Las Vegas, it's practically legal their but still shady as hell and still very dangerous.

Especially 30 days from now, I don't see how this will be a good thing. This needs to be a slow transition.

Prostitution - Disease - Health Benefits - Workers Comp....That whole idea seems a bit ridiculous.

I understand the idea and hope by gutting these laws, but I think efforts could be focused elsewhere to protect prostitutes.
nothing seems to stop that now, so i don't see how this law makes it easier for pimps. what it does do, though, is give the women somewhere else to turn. and the crack part is still illegal.

we also have to remember that the majority of sex trade workers are not street walking women. they are often people with good heads on their shoulders. some are doms, some cater to baby play fetishes, some are transexuals, and others cater to the many and various fetishes that men (and women) have that are not easily satisfied by meeting people in bars or whatever. it's pretty hard to introduce a fetish quickly in a relationship, so there is a market for providing those services. this is what the back pages of now magazine are about. and now these people have safe ways to ply their trade.

to your point about vegas - it's still shady in vegas because it is still illegal. but in the rest of nevada, women work in the sex trade (at places like the chicken ranch) and have access to health care, to disease prevention, to good wages, and to safety standards.

on a related subject, i wonder if craigslist will allow the personal pages back in ontario?
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote