Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Camby traded to the Clippers for 2nd round pick
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 11:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adequate Swag
is pounding the rock!

RF Affiliate

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
The luxury tax motive makes some sense, but its essentially telling their fanbase we're not seeking to be competitive this season. It's still a head scratcher.
Which is legitimately baffling for a team featuring two of the top five scorers in the game.

I mean, they have 3 guys making huge money, so I understand making the move. But why move your defensive anchor, who remains one of the best 5 men in the league, and helped your team significantly without being a black hole like Melo and Iverson are.

I would've traded either of those two before Camby, especially considering you could trade either to a semi-contender and likely get good young talent back.

One thing though, is that this could be a precursor to another deal. Maybe they plan on getting rid of Iverson this summer too, thus committing to total rebuilding.

At this point, they're still way over the cap with two superstars that score and don't do much else. They won't make the playoffs, and that's hard to justify when you're spending a lot of money on two of the alleged best players in the league.

Either way, Clips fans (all 5 of them) are laughin right now.
Adequate Swag is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote