Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani Being Shopped Around?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 04:02 AM   #84 (permalink)
bartdudeman
junior mafia representin bucktown, mack 11's cocked back, n****as betta duck down...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
As I mentioned in the trade proposal thread, if I was going to try Atlanta, why not go after Smith and/or Childress? I propsed the following:

From TO: Bargs, Kapono, Graham, 1st rd 09 pick

From Atl: Smith, Childress

I don't think Atlanta has the money to sign both of these players, so they might be obtainable for the right price. even though Kapono is the man at shooting the 3, that is all he does, and we are paying too much $$ for him IMO. Why not get rid of his contract, along with Joey Graham (maybe he can thrive somewhere else) and get an All-star right now while we still have Bosh and O'neal. With O'neal , Bosh and Smith at SF, I would take our frontline against anyone!!!!Also, think how scary Josh Smith would be with Calderon? You thought Moon had some highlights last year.......I get excited just thinking abuot it...what do you guys think? Take away the first rounder, and I may even trade all three of those players for Smith.
I REALLY like this trade, but it wont happen, ATL won't give up J smith (at least not without a fight). If something like this were to happen, I would shit myself just thinking about cause we'd have that REAL 3 spot (JMoon...lol, stupid SMitch) and an efficient winger that can score (imo we desperately need that) and play D. I think caldy, bosh, O'neal, and smith all can work together REALLLLLLLLLY well and their chemistry would be amazing (although J smith is the type that'll work well with any team's system, he does everything you need, can shoot, play d, athletic, fast, stamina, rebounder, verstaile, etc.). As you said yourself, I would trade all that JUST for J smith and sign some scrubs or OK players to fill out the rest of the roster (although I like childress, he is really playing well and is developing at a high rate and level).
bartdudeman is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote