Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Player Expectations - Jose Calderon
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 02:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Player Expectations - Jose Calderon

Reading a post at the RealGM regarding Jose and people's expectations for him next season as the main PG, made me think that while things are slow for the next while maybe chatting about each current member on this roster might be a good thing to pass the time.

Anyhow, check out what supersub15 at the RealGM has to say about Jose's numbers as the main PG this past season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersub15
I wanted to get an idea of what to expect from Calderon next season in terms of stats (which would hopefully translate into wins for the team), and the best way - I think - was to isolate his stats as a starting PG when TJ was completely out of the picture (i.e. injured). In that regard, Calderon played 30 games as the main PG of the team and was backed up by Juan Dixon and/or Darrick Martin in limited minutes.

Calderon's stats in the 30 games in which TJ Ford was completely out:

37 mpg, 14.8 ppg, 10.2 apg, 1.73 tov
0.543 FG%, 0.449 3FG%, 0.910 FT%

Obviously, there is no guarantee that he can repeat those numbers, especially that we have a second option on offense now, but the sample size is fair enough to suggest that he can at least keep the assists up, but probably not the points.

Personally, I don't care about his points, because if he's dishing 10 assists per game, then the whole team is benefitting.
What are your thoughts guys? Can we expect similar numbers from Jose next season or better?

Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote