Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Smith: "Remember the name Jaycee Carroll."
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Smith: "Remember the name Jaycee Carroll."

OK, maybe I am a dumbass and have no clue what I'm talking about. I guess some people out there think that Jaycee can contribute in the NBA, but it seems to be all banking on whether he can feel confortable playing as a PG more than his comfort position of SG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith's Blog
You all know what I think about the Summer League so take this anyway you like …

Remember the name Jaycee Carroll.

He’s the kid added late to the Raptor summer league team, combo guard out of Utah State who made a pretty bold statement with 14 points in about four minutes of Saturday’s game.

I have no idea if he can stick in the NBA but the kid killed playing for New jersey in Orlando and is starting to turn some heads.

Including, according to my man Dave D down in Newark, that of Nets honcho Rod Thorn.

"If he can play some combo guard, at the end of the day – if he can be a 1 for a few minutes a night – I think he is (an NBA player),” Thorn said. “He’s giving up size at the two-guard. But he’s a very competitive kid, and he has a real quick release. He’ll make some shots. But whether he can guard those guys will be the key. If he improves his ball-handling … we played him a lot at the point, and he did a nice job. He got pressed a lot but did a nice job. So that’s the key. But with his makeup, the way he’s put together, he looks like a player.”
Source - Click here
Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote