Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani Being Shopped Around?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #35 (permalink)
afclark82
is pounding the rock!

Representing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. J. Naismith View Post
Welcome to RF clark.

To answer your question, there is absolutely no way we can feasibly acquire Arenas without giving up Bosh in return. Nor would I really want Gilbert in a Raptors uniform anytime soon.
Thanks for the welcome. I know he is not a "team" guy but he is the type of player that the Raptors need. He is a high scoring wing player who wants to win more than anything. I don't agree that it would take Bosh to get him. Remember it would be a sign and trade. In any of those situations you never get fair value. Maybe a Bargniani and Parker or even Bargniani and a '09 1st.

A classic example is Rashard Lewis for a 2nd Rounder. Maybe this is just because there was no way of Lewis resigning in Seattle. I am by no means a basketball expert I'm just thinking out loud.

If Arenas is not the guy to sign and trade, do you have any UFA's or RFA's that might be in that cateogry? If Jameson hadn't signed he might have been that perfect SF. Others that I see possibly are Smith (ATL), Deng (CHI), Gordon (CHI), and Iguodala (PHI - I know not gonna happen).

Let me know what you think. Cheers
afclark82 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote