Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Canada: Stop "Fox News North"
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 10:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
Shouldn't the public decide what to watch and what not to watch? I'm not in for censorship. I'm not for publicly funded broadcasters either. Especially ones that profit off of Hockey.
The airwaves are public. They belong to all of us. Or should we privatize the air? At what point do I become wholly owned by corporations? Count me as someone that wishes to be a citizen before being counted as the stereotypically disgruntled taxpayer.

And news programming with a blatant political agenda is poisonous to civil discourse. Bias in reporting and presenting information is one thing: it's unavoidable to a degree and can be recognized and balanced out by seeking out multiple viewpoints. Starting with a biased viewpoint and molding news presentations strictly around promoting it is an entirely different matter. It's garbage and should not be given any chance of presenting itself as credible, or fair and balanced.

Oversight of these sorts of things exists for a reason, in the same way that cases that do not meet a certain standard do not go to court. Mucking up the system for the benefit of a single ideological movement is not a great idea, and the way this has come together speaks to motivations to do just that.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote