Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - should we be embarassed yet?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
fancylad
blah!

nosce te ipsum

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
New Zealand is good. We are not.

Canada is a program on the rise. Both the men's and women's junior teams have played quite well as of late and the effects of the rise of the profile of basketball in Canada in the last 20 years is now starting to be seen.

It's also funny you mention that they don't care about anything not on ice. Canada won 23 Olympic medals in rowing from 1904 to 1988 and since the RCA started making a real push for sponsorship and funding, they've won 25 since 1992.
i was principally talking about team sports (and specifically basketball and soccer as those are the sports are relfective of our major professional leagues well plus baseball). I'm more of a soccer guy anyways, and i can tell you that that program is truly in a horrific state and has been in this state of flux for the last 20 years. Things are bad. It's really quite shocking.

As for the basketball side, i don't follow it all that closely, but probably more than the casual sports fan. anyways my first post was more a rant in the typical toronto fan style than anything based on the sorry performance this team has displayed at the tournament. I get that there's more talent on the way, but we've always had pretty decent up and coming youngsters in the college scene. Much like soccer, i think the program can definitely be better run and be held more accountable.

and lastly don't tell me New Zealand is good. please. just don't.
fancylad is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote