Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Toronto Mayoral Race
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:08 AM   #17 (permalink)
DVS
in la la land

I'm stuck being a Rap Fan

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by js12 View Post
+1 I don't want Ford to be elected. He would not be a good candidate to represent Toronto. I am still disgusted by what he said on CP24. Everyone in this country were immigrants at one point, and not allowing them to come to Toronto would make the economy worse. Plus, the man doesn't seem very knowledgeable. I'm just going to use the statement about immigrants as an example again. Municipal heads do not have any say whatsoever on immigration. That is left to the federal government. Ford says the first thing that pops up in his head, and I don't want someone like that running Toronto.
Your right municipal politics have no say in immigration. Rob Ford may say things that won't digest properly with the public. However; here is a guy who has been in the trenches of municipal politics. He knows the ins and outs of Toronto and he WON'T spend money stupidly. Mayor Miller wasted money by not building the island bridge FIRST day in office. GUESS WHAT? island airport is a success and now everyone but the 0% taxpayers on the island want a bridge to the airport. Air Canada wants dibs on the airport.

Rob Ford won't spend City money stupidly. He may be brash and say things that are out of line but he is an incredible munipal politician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
He just seems low rent to me. Someone who shouldn't be in public office let alone being the mayor of the largest city in the country. Plus we don't need a guy with anger issues who's had an arrest for assaulting his wife.
Rob Ford has been in public office for a long time. Rob Ford's platform has stayed unchanged since the first time he stepped foot in municipal poltics. Rob Ford has never ever spent city money stupidly he only made money for the city (see woodbine live).
DVS is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote