Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Adams to take AP's starting job?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Major
is pounding the rock!

Senior Member, Eh?

Representing:
Default Adams to take AP's starting job?

From Doug Smith's blog.....no way this is true

Quote:
Q: Hey Dougie, maybe this Hassan Adams kid will turn into this year's sleeper. Now, I'm not the type to get fooled by a player's highlight reel. Obviously, (a clip I’ve seen) doesn't give a representative picture of the guy's overall game. HOWEVER... this guy isn't afraid to take it to the hole, and knows how to finish! The clip shows about five or six muscular, in-traffic slashes and dunks, which by my count is five or six more times than Moon did it last year. That alone endears the kid to me. But throw in the tenacious D that he is known for and I can see this guy maybe getting starter minutes at some point, probably at the 2 at AP's expense, but maybe even at SF. You agree?

A: I have no idea what Hassan Adams will end up doing here, or who’ll he’ll supplant in the rotation but I do know that my respected friend Dave D’Alessandro in New jersey says Adams being cut was one of the most egregious personnel errors the Nets have made in years and that the Raptors brass who saw him at the free agent camp here were determined to sign him after about the second practice session.

I fully expect him to challenge Parker for minutes, if not the starting job at some time during the season based on what I’ve been told.
LINK
Major is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote