Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Alimony
Thread: Alimony
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:47 PM   #203 (permalink)
Barracuda
the fighter of the Nightman

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Cherry Bomb

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
I don't have a problem with the institution of marriage at all.

What I DO question is the wisdom of spending 25K on a big "party" when you could use that cash for a down payment for a home... or to take a joint trip around the world.

Some people get a little insane trying to plan out the "perfect day".... my buddy's ex-fiance wanted to spend 7K on a wedding photographer!

Before this thread turned into a pissing match there were some pretty good points made.... the best of which was the suggestion that everyone should just try to be patient enough to make SURE that they find a person who's right for them.... rather than simply finding someone so that they're "not alone".

Too many people bow to societal pressure and get themselves into situations that aren't really right for them.... IMO anyway.
Too true, and too often.

It's also sometimes hard to know whether a person is right for you or not, cuz all relationships take work. It's a matter of knowing how much work is TOO much, and if it's worth it.

And yeah... insanely expensive weddings make no sense to me. Especially for couples who aren't rich, and just blow their money for a one-day thing.
Barracuda is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote